Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023 for International Student
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) is a highly prestigious scholarship program that is open to both Canadian and international students who are pursuing doctoral studies at a Canadian university. The scholarship is awarded based on academic excellence, research potential, and leadership skills. The Vanier CGS provides recipients with for three years during their doctoral studies. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and other research-related costs.
The Vanier CGS aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students who have demonstrated leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in natural sciences, engineering, health, social sciences, or humanities. Recipients of the Vanier CGS are selected based on a competitive process, and the selection criteria include academic excellence, research potential, leadership skills, and a demonstrated commitment to making a positive impact in their community and society.
Eligibility for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
To be eligible for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS), applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be nominated by a Canadian university with a quota of nominations;
- Must be pursuing doctoral studies in natural sciences, engineering, health, social sciences, or humanities;
- Must not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2023;
- Must have achieved a first-class average, as determined by their university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent;
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement.
- Identify a Canadian university that offers a doctoral program in their field of study and that has a quota of nominations for the Vanier CGS.
- Contact the university’s graduate studies office to inquire about their internal selection process and nomination procedures.
- Prepare the required application documents, which may include a research proposal, transcripts, CV, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement.
- Submit the application to the Canadian university that will be nominating them for the Vanier CGS. The university will then submit the nominations to the Vanier CGS program on behalf of the applicant.
- Wait for the announcement of the Vanier CGS recipients in the spring.
The application deadline for the Vanier CGS is typically in the fall, and the exact deadline varies by year. Applicants should check the Vanier CGS website for the most up-to-date information on the application process and deadlines.